01 Mar Underwriter
Permanent Position – Underwriter (12 Month Fixed Term Contract)
Full time – Monday to Friday + 2 Weekends per month – Must be flexible various shift patterns – Opportunity to work from home one day per week
Salary £20,000 – £23,000 Negotiable depending on experience, Free car parking on site, company pension , great incentives including commission and excellent working environment.
- Assess the credit worthiness of individual applications with a view to sanctioning a credit limit approval.
- Adherence to prescribed underwriting criteria and policy rules is required as part of the underwriting process, including the correct implementation of the Underwriting Pyramid.
- Demonstrate responsible lending through underwriting decisions.
- Identify and refer any potential fraudulent applications to the Fraud Department.
- Report Money Laundering suspicions to Compliance as necessary.
- Validating customer proof of address and income provided either at payout stage or pre-payout.
- Ensure customer income information is consistent with application details, investigating any discrepancies.
- Complete Income & Expenditure Assessments with applicants in a professional and accurate manner.
- Identify and respond appropriately to applicants if they appear to be “vulnerable customers”
- Providing support and advice to the Dealer Finance Account Managers and dealerships regarding customer applications and underwriting conditions as necessary.
- Deliver exceptional customer service.
- Ensure the principles of Treating Customers Fairly are adhered to.
- Undertake other tasks from time-to-time to support the Motor Operations Department as required.
- Provide assistance to the Underwriting Team Leader / Team Manager as required.
- Demonstrate the company Vision and Values.
- Knowledge and understanding of non-prime consumer credit.
- Understanding of regulatory guidelines in practice including the Consumer Credit Directive (CCD), Irresponsible Lending Guidelines (ILG), Data Protection Act (DPA), Vulnerable Customers and Money Laundering (AML)
- Analytical and logical approach.
- Excellent telephony skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Problem solving skills.
- People Management
- Analysis / Decision Making
- Working Together
- Delivering Results
- Using and Managing Resources