04 May Specification Technologist
Specification Technologist (FMCG and Manufacturing)
I’m recruiting for a Global supplier company based in Liverpool for a Specification Technologist. You’ll join a fantastic company with well-known brands across our largest supermarkets in the UK.
As specification Technologies, you’ll liaise with the customer’s technical manager/project manager to aim for the finished product specification to be completed in full, on time, first time.
In the role you will collate, validate and accurately input supplier provided data into retailer and other customer specification systems. To fully manage the completion and updating of traded product specifications for defined customers and to ensure that retailer specifications are completed accurately, submitted on time and up dated as and when any changes need to be made.
- To liaise with supply chain and customer technical teams, Procurement, Sales, Packaging, Project managers and any other interested parties so that you can complete product specifications to meet customer expectations within agreed timescales.
- To create specifications for a set of defined retailer, foodservice & Industrial customers ensuring all data is correct and accurate.
- To ensure all necessary legislative information is incorporated into the product specification.
- To be the key point of contact between the company and its traded suppliers with regards to product specifications you are completing.
- To ensure all necessary information is presented in a format that enables the generation of product labels which meets with all relevant legislation and customer requirements.
- To be the key point of contact for and provide support with respect to all customer specification systems that you are working on and to have a knowledge of other retailer systems so that you can provide support where needed.
- To answer any questions relating to the traded product specifications in areas such as allergens, ingredients declaration and nutritional information are provided in a timely manner.
- To provide retailer reports where needed and to complete where needed customer questionnaires related to products supplied to B2B / Traded and industrial customers.
- To ensure retailer finished product specifications are submitted on time and provide evidence for third party auditors that current versions are valid.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Food related degree or an equivalent level of experience working within the food industry.
- Substantial experience working with retailer specification management systems.
- Excellent understanding, knowledge of and training in the use of retailer specification systems
- Knowledge of key customer codes of practice related to specification completion and artwork review / management.
- Level 2 HACCP training
- Allergen training
Please apply via the link if you have the relevant experience for this role.