11 May Purchasing and Planning Coordinator
Purchase & Planning Co-ordinator-FMCG
Reporting To: Supply Chain Manager
Competitve salary depending on experience 25-30k
Location: Rochester, Kent
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager who has overall responsibility for the procurement of packaging materials, the purpose of this role is to analyse and manipulate various types of data to develop an accurate purchase plan for short and long term.
- Running of stock reports from our ERP system
- Analysing sales data to gather trends to be used in purchase plans
- Liaising with Sales/Marketing to ensure all future promotions are built into the plan.
- Producing a purchase plan, raising new orders (direct and blanket)
- Managing call off orders, delivery schedules and quality issues with the various suppliers.
- Ensuring both the availability and commercial aspects are considered at all times.
- Analysis of packaging materials wastage levels from the production department to highlight any problems with specifications or efficiency on the lines.
- Working with Suppliers/Customers/Technical/Marketing on new artwork projects, to include creating timelines and critical paths to ensure deadlines are met.
- Work with warehouse on system stock accuracy and B.O.M control of packaging materials.
- Any other reasonable duties, responsibility or requests that may be issued by Management from time to time
- Educated to Graduate level (1st class degree preferable)
- Demonstrable procurement and planning experience
- Previous use of ERP system – SAP, AX etc.
- Stock control and reconciliation.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Some knowledge of forecasting and planning is essential
- Excellent analytical skills
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Axis is a recruitment company