26 Feb Production Supervisor (Manufacturing)
We are proud to be recruiting on behalf of our client, a UK leading furniture manufacturer, for their new Production Supervisor.
This role offers an exciting challenge, continual career development, a stable and loyal workforce who come with an extensive amount of product knowledge and an owner who believes in change and investment in their business to remain a market leader in their products.
Does this sound like a new career challenge that you would love to look into? If YES please read the following and apply by following the link!!
Our client has been manufacturing quality furniture for over 25 years and are one of the UK’s leading manufacturers of rising/reclining chairs.
Recliners are all made by fully trained upholsterers to the highest quality and performance standards at their Nottingham Manufacturing Plant.
Your New Job Role
* To effectively manage all aspects of the upholstery section on a daily basis
* To report performance KPI’s effectively through the rest of the business whilst also maintaining a good quality product in line with company standards.
* Be pro-active in highlighting potential problem areas, whilst looking at increasing capacities and efficiencies through motivation, problem solving and effective management of staff.
* Working with other areas of the business where necessary to help increase quality and capacity
Your Key Responsibilities
* Responsible for the quality of your section
* Responsible for the output of your section
* Manage absence in line with company policy as per the company handbook
* Ensure all reports are completed and distributed within a timely fashion
Reports to include (not exhaustive)
* Daily Output per Team
* Daily Quality per Team (working in line with QC)
* Monthly Section Health and Safety Report
* Monthly Section Absence Report
* Monthly Section Performance Report looking at Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats to business
* Recommendations for the following month or target areas
* Support required Highlighting skills shortages and training needs across the section
* Propose scenario plans and be able to accurately forecast based on current information
* Ensure housekeeping audits are carried out and the working area is maintained to a consistently high standard
* Hold team and section meetings regularly, allowing feedback and raising of concerns, and acting on them where appropriate Strive towards 100% “On Time, In Full” ensuring product is completed in a timely manor
* Re-enforcing no more than 3 repairs in a team at any one time
* Re-distributing work where required Chasing through work where required
* Fully define all process and procedures in the teams and actively support and be an active member of any continuous improvement activities
* Delegate responsibility where appropriate ensuring all employees are working safely and competently, and using the correct PPE
* Promote quality and accept nothing less than our stated tolerances
* Build an ethos of continuous improvements
* Instilll and maintain a customer service culture where the customer always comes first. This includes all our internal and external customers
* To carry out other tasks as deemed necessary, that are within the job holders responsibility
Please click on the Link and send a fully up to date CV and Cover Letter.
I look forward to receiving your application.
Principal Manufacturing Consultant, Axis Recruitment