31 May Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Automotive Manufacturing)
Job Title: Maintenance Engineer
Reporting to: Maintenance Supervisor
Overall Purpose of Your Role as Our Maintenance Engineer
To be successful in your role you will be an Electrically biased multi-skilled shift Engineer with good mechanical ability and experience gained within a manufacturing environment. You must be flexible and able to work across craft disciplines with a range of electro-mechanical skills. The role requires a reliable and self-motivated individual with the ability to work without supervision and to take effective maintenance decisions to minimise down time.
Hands on role can be requested to provide emergency breakdown cover (during and outside normal working hours)
Normal shift requirement to work a 3-shift pattern to meet manufacturing needs
Your Main Duties / Responsibilities
- Hands on role responsible for the maintenance of all plant, machinery and ancillary equipment of the groups manufacturing sites.
- The job holder will assist the Plant Engineering Manager with the move forward from the existing reactive maintenance culture to one of a proactive planned maintenance function.
- The jobholder will respond quickly and effectively to breakdown situations, working on own initiative and making competent decisions to achieve necessary repairs to minimise downtime. This will involve call out duties, as and when required to cover a 24-hour continuous process.
- The jobholder will work flexibly, undertaking mechanical and electrical diagnosis and repair to plant and machinery as necessary.
- Responsibilities will include the maintenance of all factory services including fire/security systems, maintaining factory/office heating system.
- Maintenance of site extrusion machinery, process ovens and moulding machines.
- The jobholder will become actively involved in a continuous improvement process to create and influence a lasting cultural change within a traditional manufacturing environment.
- Maintain tools and dies to close working tolerances.
- The jobholder will be involved in process plant, installation and industrialization projects with a view to modifying equipment at the design stage to suit manufacturing processes.
- Light fabrication and modification of existing plant equipment if necessary.
- An element of travel may be required to support our plants in Asia and Eastern Europe.
- Involvement with the implementation of all health and safety regulations within the factory.
- Work within a maintenance budget/cost control.
- Responsibility for ensuring a safe working environment at all times.
Essential Skills, Experience & Qualifications
Effective communication skills
New process training skills ONC Electrical/Electronics
Understanding or working knowledge of software control systems
Health & Safety Regulations
Fault finding and installation of a wide variety of process control equipment including AC/DC drives, servo and stepper motor controllers.
PLC’s and PLC based control systems (ideally Siemens S7).
Temperature and thyristor control gear.
Process analytical controllers.
Factory power distribution.
Diagnose and fit a wide variety of mechanical devices.
Mig and Arc welding, general fabrication, gas cut and silver solder.
Milling, turning and general machining.
Compressors / compressed air systems.
Chillers and chilled water systems.
Pneumatically controlled machinery
Some working knowledge of basic PLC fault diagnosis and rectification (Siemens S4 onwards)
These duties and responsibilities may vary in accordance with work / business demands and are not exhaustive
Shifts and On-Call Rota
Shift allowance is as follows:-
6-2 1 per day fully worked
2-10 7 per day fully worked
10-6 11 per night shift fully worked
Call outs are currently 1 in 3 weeks
£75.00 on call standby 1 in 3 weeks covering Friday 10pm until Sunday 10pm
They receive 3hrs + time @ 1/3 during Monday to Fri
They receive 3hrs + time @ 1/2 during Saturday
They receive 3hrs + time @ 2 during Sunday
They receive 3hrs + time @ 2.5 during Bank Holiday
Salary increase to £32,000 on completion of your probationary period
Critical & Life insurance.
Pension 3% matched after 3 months.
Sick pay after probationary review up to 13 weeks
Please click on the Link and send me your fully up to date CV. I am looking to Interview for this role as a matter of urgency due to how busy our client currently are. This is due to rapid expansion.
I look forward to receiving your application.
Principal Manufacturing Consultation – Axis