27 Jul Mechanical Fitter
Job Type: Mechanical Fitter
Salary: £31,000 – £32,000
Permeant Position: 3 days on 3 days off Continuous Shift Pattern
Sector/Industry: Chemical Manufacturing
Are you an experienced Mechanical Fitter looking for a new challenge?
Are you looking to join a market leader who can offer full support and training to support and progress your career and skillset?
With a turnover in excess of £1.5billion and over 2,500 staff globally, they are one of the market leaders in chemical manufacturing. They have 19 manufacturing sites across the world with the largest site situated here in the UK with a turnover in excess of £200m. The company is at the forefront of engineering excellence and has a significant continuous improvement mind-set throughout the business striving for operational excellence. With over 60 years in the industry, my client is a well-established chemical manufacturer who pride themselves on quality, innovation and exceptional technical support and are looking for an experienced Mechanical Fitter to join their team at the site in Bradford.
The primary role will be to provide maintenance support for all mechanical equipment on site.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Respond to mechanical maintenance requests, fault find, diagnose and effect repairs in a timely, cost effective manner.
- All tasks are carried out in an ethical and professional manner.
- Equipment is repaired to the acceptable operating standards.
- Ensure that all tools for repair work is fit for purpose.
- All central workshop equipment utilised on Plant is returned in working order or any defects reported.
- Ensure that all appropriate policies, procedures and related requirements such as Health and Safety legislation is adhered to at all times.
- Utilise the ‘Mainsaver’ database for recording breakdowns.
- Ensure that all work is effectively communicated to the mechanical shift supervisor.
- Outside of the hours of normal supervision, work closely with the Production Shift Manager who will advise on production priorities.
- Take personal responsibility for compliance to PSM related procedures and established work methods.
- Report all process safety incidents or hazards and contribute to incident investigations as required.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Full trade apprenticeship in Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial experience gained in a complex chemical manufacturing environment.
If you are interested please send an up to date CV to Jasmine Williams, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01512092050