13 Jun Imports & Exports Compliance Specialist
Import & Export Compliance Specialist
I’m currently recruiting a fantastic opportunity for an international distribution business based in the Sheffield area who purchase, store and sell quality products. This position has become available due to pure growth within the business and they are now requiring additional support within the Imports and Exports team. You’ll be joining a business who operate in over 50 countries and have won several awards.
Successful applicants will have a working knowledge and understanding of shipping hazardous goods, and have the underpinning knowledge to check that the correct shipping documentation is in place per product and destination.
Duties and responsibilities;
- Working as part of the wider Finance team and as an extension to our Customer Services team, our International Logistics team also work very closely with the Sales, Buying and Warehouse teams to ensure that we have the correct certification, legalities and transport to get our stock overseas in a timely fashion.
- You will gain transport quotes, arrange shipments and produce the necessary documentation to ensure a commercial outcome for the business and the customer, whilst keeping up to date with legislation to ensure that we remain compliant.
- With a commercial mind, you will work with the Sales team to encourage/maximise opportunities in terms of filling to full container capacity whilst monitoring stock levels and applying fairness and common sense.
- Work with our Buying teams regarding to the import of goods and collections from our international suppliers.
Essential candidate requirements;
- Proven experience within the shipping and logistics sector
- Knowledge in legislation for hazardous goods
- Strong skills across all Microsoft packages
- Ability to operate at a fast pace under pressure
- Competitive salary
- 21 days holiday & 8 days BH
- Health cash plan (dental and optical)
- Pension package
If this seem like and opportunity that you have the relevant skills set for and you are interested in hearing more, please apply via the link.