07 Jun External Account Manager – Covering North West
Job Type: External Account Manager
Salary: Basic – £30,000 – £35,000
Location: Covering North West – Reporting into Bury Branch 1 day per week
Sector / Industry: Steel Industry
Job Reference: JWVL0204
Are you an experienced External Account Manager who thrives within a competitive industry and fast pace environment? If so, would you like the opportunity to work with a Global Operating steel business? Our client has an exciting new opening for an External Account Manager to join their growing Sales team in the North.
The External Account Manager will be responsible for developing relationships with both new and existing clients. They will be required to review and implement new sales methods in conjunction with the internal sales force and promote all the Business products and services. Delivering exceptional customer service and keeping above competitors.
This role requires a driven and dynamic individual who has exceptional industry knowledge in the Steel Industry. Vast technical knowledge on Carbon or Stainless steel pipe , tube , bar and associated products.
- Basic Salary of £30,000 – £35,000 (depending on experience)
- Quarterly Commission
- Company Car + Fuel Card
- Mobile Phone and Laptop
- A vibrant and friendly workspace environment
- Ongoing training, support and progression opportunities
- Looks for opportunities to grow the business at new and existing accounts and works to take advantage of those opportunities.
- Manages allocated list of customer & prospect accounts and delivers sales activity required to achieve best possible return.
- Determine and execute proactive visit program.
- Makes commercial budgets and periodical forecasts in close cooperation with the Sales Manager.
- Composes sound periodical reports, demonstrating performance to budgets and forecasting.
- Works closely with Internal Account Managers to achieve revenue and profit targets.
- Negotiates ongoing and new contracts with customers.
- Resolves issues with customers where necessary.
- Accepts extra duties as situations arise.
- Works efficiently and calmly to tight deadlines or other stress factors that may arise.
Required Skills / Expectations
- Ideally educated to degree level , in Sales, Business Administration or Economics;
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a commercial role, in selling technical packages of products and services, where you were in direct contact with different types of customers.
- Technical knowledge of carbon or stainless steel pipe, tube, bar and associated products used in the Industrial market sectors;
- Knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel) and CRM software is required;
- Proven experience in selling complex packages or projects, both products and services in an environment where making decisions is complex and the customer is not always the end user.
- As a person you are a strong character with excellent interpersonal communication skills, you connect easily with your (internal) stakeholders and you are a true entrepreneur who gets things done. You have excellent negotiating skills, have the ability to prioritize, you’re decisive and have strong problem-solving capabilities. You are hands-on and you are able to work to tight deadlines.
- You must have a full UK driving license