12 Apr Client Account Executive (Manufacturing)
Account Executive – FMCG/Manufacturing
Are you an ambitious Key Account Manager with a strong background in Manufacturing managing a large spend global account? Are you looking for an opportunity to not only join a Global Manufacturing organisation but to also become an integral part of the business managing their largest client account? If the answer is YES then this is the role for you to apply for.
Our client are unrivalled in competition when it comes to quality and standards within their manufacturing process, producing exceptional quality in packaging for some of our most well known and loved consumable goods, food and beverage brands.
We are looking for an experienced Key Account Executive to join the business ASAP where your knowledge and expertise will be put to instant use in maintaining solid relationships externally, internally and with suppliers. The account you will be responsible for generates in excess of £20m in spend.
Your Job Role
As the Client Account Executive, you will be an integral member of the commercial team and report to the Business Manager – Consumer Packaging. You will manage the relationships with the businesses key customer and ensure budgeted sales and gross margin targets are achieved and new opportunities with the existing customer is effectively satisfied.
- You will deliver profitable growth to the company through the development of an existing key account to maximum value and the opening and development of targeted new accounts with that customer.
- You will achieve personal sales and product profitability targets as agreed with your Business Manager – Consumer Packaging
- Managing the relationships with the key customer and ensure the introduction of members of the Management Team to the account decision makers
Your Key Accountabilities
Development of Existing Business
- Maximise business within a key customer through the use of sound account management techniques and the development of professional business relationships with key decision makers.
- Monitor monthly volumes and types of business against forecast and identify variances, trends or opportunities which may influence sales revenue, production schedule or manufacturing efficiencies.
New Business Development
- In conjunction with the Business Manager – Consumer Packaging, maximise new business opportunities with the key customer and prepare a plan of action to research, approach, penetrate and develop.
- Execute the plan to achieve agreed business goals.
- Constantly seek to add value to the customer through understanding of their business, products and supply requirements and the creative presentation of how the business can help them through improved product or supply arrangements.
Commercial, Planning & Reporting
- In conjunction with the Business Manager – Consumer Packaging and the Director of Marketing apply the agreed pricing model which maximises profitability for the company.
- Seek to optimise both profit and customer satisfaction through the use of sound negotiation principles and techniques.
- In conjunction with the Business Manager – Consumer Packaging agree annually a sales forecast and budget based on a realistic assessment of what business can be won and provide an accurate monthly forecast.
- Provide periodic plans, forecasts, sales reports, activity reports or other reports as required by the Business Manager – FMCG Packaging.
Teamwork, Communication and Continuous Improvement
- To maintain good and co-operative relationships with colleagues involved in other aspects of the business or operations in order to promote strong teamwork and co-operation across the company to meet customer requirements.
- To participate in or lead improvement groups or teams to bring your own knowledge and experience, and those of others, to bear on improving processes, practices or the working environment.
- To seek prevention of errors and waste, and improvement in productivity, processes or the working environment through the exercise of good judgment, experience and the coaching and guidance of others.
Training & Flexibility
- To undertake training as required by the company or for your own professional development from time to time in new skills, processes, legislation or management.
- To seek improvement in personal performance and the performance of colleagues through review, discussion and training.
- To provide cover for absent colleagues
Your Contractual Benefits
- Annual bonus
- On-site facilities
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Life Assurance
Please click on the link to apply. Please ensure your CV is fully up to date and clear contact details.
I look forward to receiving your application.
Principal Manufacturing Consultant – Axis Manufacturing