08 Mar Buyer
Job Type: Buyer
Salary: £35-40,000 plus excellent benefits
Sector/Industry: FMCG – Food
Are you a talented and ambitious Buyer? Do you have experience buying ingredients and raw materials? Do you have experience working in the food industry? If that’s you then read on for more information on this excellent opportunity!
- You’ll be working for an leading brand name as part of a growing procurement team;
- You’d be given the opportunity to take ownership of your work, grow the category and contribute to the growth of the organisation;
- You’ll enjoy great career development and progression opportunities.
Based in Northampton, this business is a leading brand name, producing a product loved by millions. The organisation is a very established & recognised name with a deservedly excellent reputation as an employer!
As a Buyer you will be responsible for sourcing ingredients and raw materials, developing supplier relationships, reducing costs and improving efficiencies.
- Management and development of existing supplier relationships, including renegotiations where applicable;
- Ensuring supplier KPI’s are adhered to, working to resolve any long standing issues;
- Work to reduce cost of materials, or improve efficiencies to deliver additional value.
Successful candidates will have:
- Experience buying produce, ingredients or raw materials;
- Experience working in the food, retail, wholesale, drinks or consumer goods sector;
- A proven track record of managing and negotiating with suppliers;
- Commercial mind-set.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Junior Buyer/Buyers Assistant to make the next step up in their career; you’ll be given the opportunity to learn and develop as part of a growing function. If you’re that person and have been excited by what you’ve read, please don’t hesitate to apply.
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV and cover letter through to Jon at The Advocate Group or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 3 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note The Advocate Group is acting as an employment agency & business.